The safety of my clients is my top priority. As we come closer to opening our studio doors again, I wanted to share with you the steps I am taking to ensure your photo session takes place in a safe environment.
I will continue to keep a close eye on the government advice, with the view to reopen in a safe and responsible way. I want my clients to be reassured that we will take every measure possible to adhere to the governments guidelines.
Many of you are keen to get your babies photographed and I want to assure that you have a safe and enjoyable experience. Which means not rushing to fit you all in at once. Instead I will be leaving a few days between photo session to ensure that the studio is completely cleaned and disinfected between clients. I hope you will understand the importance of this, especially when we are working with babies.
The government have announced that photography studios can legally open from 15th June. The advice is to keep a 2 meter distance where possible. I cannot carry out a newborn/ baby session without some contact with your baby and therefore I have decided to wait until we are allowed closer contact. I am hoping this will be allowed from the 4th July when hairdressers and other close contact industries are expected to open. I cannot confirm this date yet but I will keep you informed.
There are no set procedures for the photography industry to follow, however, I have been following the governments general advice and carried out a risk assessment for my own studio. Therefore, I have outlined the steps that I will be taking below. These are subject to change as the advice we receive is continually evolving.
- All sessions will be scheduled at least 48 hours apart, to allow time for the studio to be fully cleaned and disinfected
- Hand sanitisers will be available and used regularly throughout the session.
- All props will be wiped down and disinfected after each use.
- Fabric backdrops, wraps and outfits will be washed and disinfected after use.
- I will have to cancel your session if I or anyone in my household has symptoms of Covid-19
- I will wear a mask when in close contact with your baby.
- Where possible, I will keep a 2 metre distance.
- Please do not attend the studio if anyone in your household is unwell or has symptoms of Covid-19. I will happily reschedule your session.
- Only immediate family is allowed to your session.
- Clients are asked to wash their hands before arriving.
- Clients must leave shoes and coat in the entrance hall on arrival.
- Clients will be asked to use hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the studio.
- Unfortunately refreshments will not be provided. Please bring your own water and snacks if you wish.
I am really looking forward to getting back to work and meeting all of our lockdown babies. I am confident that our photo sessions will be able to take place in a safe environment.
If you have any concerns, I would be happy to discuss them with you. Please contact me here or fill out the form below.
Keep following our facebook page for the latest updates.